Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) wishes to inform Customs Agents that their licenses will expire on 31st December, 2023 with the exception of the 3-year Authorised Economic Operators (AEO) licences.
Provisions relating to the licensing of Customs agents are contained in Section 145 of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004 and Regulations 149-152 of the East Africa Community Customs Management Regulations, 2010.
Applications for Renewal should be submitted through the Integrated Customs Management System ( iCMS) platform, https://icms. kra.go.ke, on or before 31st October, 2023. The applications for renewal shall be accompanied by:
2. Current Certificate of Registration (CR12/CR13)
3. Valid Tax Compliance Certificate for the Company & Directors
4. Certificate of Bond clearance 5. Copy of previous C21 (Licence)
6. KIFWA Clearance Certificate for year of application.
In addition, we wish to invite interested New Applicants for Customs Agents Licenses 2024, to submit their applications by 31st October , 2023 via email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications shall be accompanied by:
1. Tax compliance for the Company
2. Tax compliance for the Directors
3. Certificate of registration from Registrar of Company (CR12)
4. Pin certificate for Company
5. Pin certificate for Directors
6. National ID/Passport for Directors
7. Recent passport size photographs of directors and staff duly certified by Notary public or a Commissioner of Oaths
8. Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association clearly indicating the Clearing and Forwarding Agent firm is a registered business (where applicable)
9. Certificate of good conduct for all directors
10. Valid Tenancy agreement/Lease or Title deed if you own the premises
11. Letter from bankers showing the Company maintains an account with them
12. Letter from bankers showing the Directors maintain an account with them
13. Audited accounts for the last 3 years (where applicable)
14. Proof of affiliation/membership with KIFWA- certificate for the year of application, payment receipt or letter.
16. Duly filled form C20 available on the KRA website, www.kra.go.ke
17. A copy of the current year (2021) license
18. Payment of 50USD application fee is mandatory before the interview.
19. The Applicant must have an established office, the physical location of which shall be indicated in the license application form for Customs verification purposes
For further clarification and facilitation, please call the Licensing office on Tel: 0770 319998 & 0709 016616/7 or Email: email@example.com
Commissioner, Customs & Border Control