Customs Agent Licence Renewal
The Customs agent license is valid for a period of one year and expires on the 31st of December of every year.
Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) licenses are valid for a period of three years.
Application for renewal of the license is made on the prescribed License renewal form (Form C20 ) and submitted to the Commissioner Customs and Border Control.
The Licensing Officer shall check for compliance with the conditions for renewal and confirm that the company has no outstanding transactions or pending queries.
What Documents will be required?
- Form C20 (application form) fully filled
- Current Certificate of registration from Registrar of Company (CR12)
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate for the Company
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate for all the Directors
- Copy of previous license (C21)
- Current Kenya International Freight and Warehousing Association (KIFWA) certificate of clearance.
- Payment of 50USD application fee.
- Certificate of clearance from Bonds Management Unit (BMU) and debt Management Unit (DMU).
- Receipt of payment of the annual fee of 400 USD.
- Execute CB 11 bond of 5,000 USD
Recommendation is made to the Commissioner for renewal of the license for the compliant applicants.
The Commissioner may require Customs Agents to be vetted before issuance of the Customs Agents License.
The Licensees shall comply with the Provisions and Regulations of the Act there under. The license may be revoked, suspended or cancelled at any time in the manner provided for by the Regulations.