Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) wishes to remind all Transporters conveying Transit Goods and other goods under Customs control that their licenses will expire on 31st December, 2023.
Provisions relating to the licensing of vehicles conveying Transit Goods and other goods under Customs control are contained in Regulations 104 & 210 of the East African Community Customs Management Regulation, 2010 & Section 244 of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004.
Transporters are therefore required to submit their applications for renewals of their licences for year 2024.
The following Conditions are mandatory when submitting the application for renewal of license:
- -Copy of motor vehicle log book.
- -COMESA Yellow card (for foreign vehicle)/ Insurance cover.
- -Duly filled application form signed and stamped by Customs Officer
- Applications may be submitted through Customs Regional offices in Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru or Eldoret, and Times Towers, 10th Floor.
- The successful Applicant will be required to pay the license fee in Kenya shillings equivalent to US$ 200 per license.
- Applications MUST be received on or before 31st October, 2023.
For any further clarification please call our Contact Centre on Tel: 020 4 999 999; 0711 099 099; 0709013067 or Email: CBClicensing@kra.go.ke.
Commissioner for Customs & Border Control