Pursuant to the East African Community Customs Management Regulation (EACCMR) 2010, (Regulation 136 and 137) and the Traffic Act, Rule 7A (3). The following are required for application of Temporary Importation of a Foreign Registered Motor Vehicle.
Applications can be done online/manually.
To obtain a Temporary Importation of Road Vehicles Form (Form C32) / International Circulation Permit from Country of Origin (Carnet de Passage en Douane), an individual MUST:-
- Be a foreigner with foreign identification
- Have a valid work permit or proof of residency in a Partner State, if Kenyan.
- Have the foreign Motor Vehicle Registration Book in his/her name.
- Have a valid Power of Attorney from the Motor Vehicle Owner, in case the operator, is an agent of the owner.
To make an application for a foreign permit, an individual will require:-
- A valid Form C32 or an endorsed valid International Circulation Permit from Country of Origin (Carnet de Passage en Douane)
- Certificate of COMESA Insurance or Valid Insurance Cover.
- Make an online account on eCitizen which will be used to make the application.
Note that the initial application of the Foreign Permit will be done upon entry into the country and will be issued based on the following categories: -
- A paid up foreign permit will be issued to vehicles on tour in Kenya and with an International Circulation Permit from Country of Origin (Carnet de passage en douane).
- A free fourteen-day temporary permit will be issued at entry points to vehicles entering Kenya only with a Form C32.
On expiry of fourteen days or granted period, the applicant, may seek an extension of a period not exceeding ninety (90) days of their Form C32 and Foreign Permits from the Customs and Border Control Department, Border Control and Enforcement offices.
For any further clariﬁcation call our contact centre on Tel: 020 4999 999 / 0711 099999 or Email: email@example.com