What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
It is an alternative method of handling tax disputes outside the;
- Judicial process (Courts of law)
- Quasi-Judicial Process – Tax Appeals Tribunal (TAT)
It is a mechanism that expedites the resolution of tax disputes.
Parties to an TDR Process;
Role of Parties
- Uphold and maintain decorum, and confidentiality.
- Participate in all discussions fairly and diligently.
- Make full disclosure of material facts relevant to the Tax dispute.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Strictly adhere to the agreed timelines.