Tax Incentive Certificate
INVESTING IN KENYA 03/07/2018
- What is an Investment Certificate?
- For you to undertake in an investment, it is important to get a certificate that qualifies you as an investor in Kenya. The KenInvest body can assist you attain an investment
- How can I qualify for an investment certificate?
- Foreign investor ? make a proposal investment of at least USD 100,000 or the equivalent in another currency
- Local investor - make a proposal investment of at least KSh.1,000,000 or the equivalent in another currency
- Engaging in an Investment in Kenya
- If you wish to engage in an investment in Kenya, Ken Invest determines the extent to which the investment will contribute to the following conditions:
- ? creation of employment for Kenyans;
- ? acquisition of new skills or technology for Kenyans;
- ? contribution to tax revenues or other Government revenues;
- ? a transfer of technology to Kenya;
- ? an increase in foreign exchange, either through exports or import substitution;
- ? utilization of domestic raw materials, supplies and services;
- ? adoption of value addition in the processing of local, natural and agricultural resources;
- ? utilization, promotion, development and implementation of information and communication technology;
- Having satisfied the following requirements and granted a go ahead, you can proceed to apply for a work permit (if you a foreign investor) and PIN.