How do I Become a Customs Agent?
To become an acknowledged customs agent, you will need to apply for a licence.
Prerequisite Documents for a Customs Agent License
- Valid certificate of registration - CR12/partnership deed
- Form C20 (application form) fully completed
- Previous license where applicable (for renewals)
- Authorization of applicant fee payment
- Receipt for application fee paid
- Valid copy of Certificate of Bonds & Debt clearance for the year of application (for renewals),
- Proof of affiliation/membership with KIFWA - certificate for the year of application, payment receipt or letter
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate for the company
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate for the Director(s) or Partners
- Employee professional certificate in Customs Procedures and operations (at least 2)
- Company's audited accounts for the last 3 years
- Letters of Identification from all banking institutions where they hold accounts
- Any other information that may be required by Vetting Committee
- For new applicants, they shall provide the following additional documents
- Passport size photos of Directors or/and Partners duly certified by Notary Public or a Commissioner of Oaths,
- Copies of Identity cards or passport for all directors
- Copies of the Certificate of Good Conduct for all directors
- PIN Certificate for the company and all directors
- Lease/Title deed for the office
The Stakeholder Bio data form is to be filled together with the C20 form.