The job holder will lead the HR Planning, Organizational development, HR resourcing, and HR services across KRA.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversee Planning and Organizational development systems and procedures that are in line with the Authority’s Transformation Agenda.
- Oversee development of work plans, reports and budgets and ensure timely and cost-effective project implementation.
- Ensure that the Authority has the appropriate number of staff equipped with the relevant skills, knowledge (competencies) and attitudes to enable it to attain its mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure effective and efficient service delivery of the Employee Resourcing function of the Human Resources Division
- Manage manpower planning process and implementation of the manpower plans.
- Develop strategic reporting measures and mechanisms to show the impact of HR towards the achievement of organizational goals.
- Lead and manage the HR Service Delivery team ensuring that it provides a high quality, professional corporate advisory service and delivers its planned outcomes and targets;
- Continuously review, and put forward proposals for ensuring that staff terms, conditions, remuneration and benefits of all employees enable KRA to remain competitive and attract the right calibre of employees.
- Ensure maintenance of KRA staff establishments and organization structures.
- Oversee the provision of HR operational services and regional coordination.
- Oversee competency-based recruitments by coordinating schedules, screening, assessment centres, and psychometric tests
- Oversee shortlisting of applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers
- Oversee development of the shortlisting criteria matrix.
- Oversee systematic screening and interviewing, testing process. May include assessment centres, behavioral based interviews
- Lead, guide motivate staff in the Section.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Support research and data analysis on subject matters of interest to the Authority’s Human Resource and develop first draft papers;
- Provide technical guidance to the other programs in HR based on best practice, procedures and Employment Act
- Monitor and evaluate divisions programs including impact assessment and provide recommendations on key HR Issues;
- Oversee workforce demand and supply forecasting and submit proposals for approval.
- Formulate plans for meeting workforce requirement and ensuring proper utilization of existing human resources to meet organizational objectives.
- Implement manpower requisitions and staff movements in accordance with the approved organization chart and staff establishment.
Development of budgets.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provide oversight for all departmental physical assets.
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
Works predominantly in a comfortable environment.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
At least 5 years work experience in a Managerial Position.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 20th May, 2019.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.