To provide support to Customs & Border Control field operations in cargo scanning, monitoring and tracking of goods under Customs control in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
Tasks and Outputs:
Assist in cargo scanning, monitoring and tracking operations for goods under customs control;
Assist in marshaling of trucks into and out of the scanner area;
Carrying out check in of cargo to be scanned;
Traffic management within scanner area;
Sealing of transit and warehousing goods;
Conducting patrols along transit routes;
Confirms if cargo conforms with the entry declarations;
Prepares report online and physical verification report with findings
Confirms that all duties, taxes and levies are properly collected;
Releases cargo in the system and physically;
Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor in support of the Customs and Border Control Department mandate.
Diploma in any field.
Diploma in customs administration will be an added advantage.
Training in computers packages will be an added advantage
Training in Cargo Scanner Operations will be an added advantage
Required competencies for this Role
Must be ready to work for long hours including weekends, public holidays and during the night in a 24hr shift setup.
Must be willing to work in any part of the country.
Must have high standards of integrity.
Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
Good ability of working as a team member and also independently.
1. All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
2. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 22nd February, 2019.
4. KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
5. KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.