| Step By Step Guide: Payment of CGT Through iTax|| || |
Step By Step Guide: Payment of CGT Through iTax
Go to the iTax portal via the KRA website - https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Log-in using your credentials: Login ID/PIN, then Password
- Go to File Returns online
- Go to Payments
- Go to Payment Registration- The rows will populate with your details. Click Next
Fill in other rows not populated as follows:
- Tax Head – Income Tax
- Tax Sub Head: (0110) Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
Ignore the dialogue box- “No Liability details found for selected Tax Obligation”
By clicking- Ok
- Payment Type: Self-Assessment Tax
- Tax Period: Year & Month
- Payment Details: Amount to be paid- Insert the amount
- Mode of Payment: Cash or Cheque or RTGS
- Receiving Bank: Select any bank from the list provided
Note: An e-slip with a Payment Registration Number (PRN) will be generated.
- Use the e-slip together with the manually filled form downloaded from the website to pay at the bank.
- An on-line form is in the process of being created and will be deployed on iTax once ready. This will complete the CGT return filing and payment on iTax. Currently, only the payment module is available.
By CGT Team:
Margaret Ogega: 020-2817093
Agnes Nyambura: 020-2815088
Desterious Shilabukha: 020-2815088